There is no real theme here, just some caps. Guess!
1. HINT: Title of film is an oxymoron, made between 1930-1934
2. HINT: The man in the cap had an affair with Katharine Hepburn that spanned over a decade.
3. HINT: The actress in this screencap was in 3 David Lynch films. The film in the cap was made 2 years before Blue Velvet, a film she was in.
Answer: Smoth Talk (Nethanial R)
4. HINT: A French silent film directed by Marcel L’Herbier
5. HINT: Musical made in 1945
Answer: Yolanda and the Thief (C. Jerry Kutner)
6. HINT: The director of this film also directed the film in cap 13
Answer: King & Country (C. Jerry Kutner)
Answer: You Were Never Lovelier (stennieville)
8. HINT: One of the actresses of this film had already won an academy award before this film was made
Answer: Little Darlings (Nathanial R)
9. HINT: Horror film from the late 80s, featuring a classic monster/villain. Not a slasher film.
Answer: Mikey and Nicky (GM)
Answer: Orlando (Spengo)
Answer: Paris, Texas (Spengo)
Answer: The Sleeping Tiger (Miguel Marías )
Answer: La Guerre est finie (triple_t )
Answer: Shampoo (Spengo)