It’s a fun little exercise, and boosts the spirits because it looks as though we might have another great year on our hands! It took me a long time to do this surprisingly, and I had to omit quite a few. I’m kinda sad I didn’t find room for at least one of the Blockbusters that will come out, like Indiana Jones or the Dark Knight because they look a step above the usual summer stuff.
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (David Fincher)
2. The Argentine/Guerilla (Soderbergh)
3. Burn After Reading (Coen Brothers)
4. Standard Operating Procedure (Morris)
5. The Leatherheads (Clooney)
6. WALL-E (Stanton)
7. The Road (Hillcoat)
8. The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Spielberg)
9. Changeling (Eastwood)
10. The Brothers Bloom (Johnson)
I wanted to include Miyazaki’s new film, but I’d be really surprised if it gets a North American release this year. I’m still hoping!
Let’s see some lists!!!